Thank you for your interest in joining our team at Happy Child Transportation. Below you will find the procedures to apply for Schoolbus attendant.
SCHOOLBUS ATTENDANT CERTIFICATIONAPPLICATION FORM REFERENCE LETTER
To become an attendant, the following items are required.
- 1) Two forms of ID: A driver’s license or picture ID and Social Security card is preferred. If not a United States citizen, a Green Card or a Resident Card is acceptable
- 2) Fingerprints/Background Check: A Postal Money Order for $135.00 made payable to NYS Department of Education is required for fingerprinting.
- 3) Three letters of reference (from individuals, organizations and/or agencies not related by blood or marriage to the applicant) that will attest to the applicant’s character and work record.
- 4) Medical examination: Must be dated within 90 days with a Purified Protein Derivative Tuberculosis Skin Test (PPD). If the PPD test is positive, then the results of a chest x-ray are required.
Please print both forms (Contractor copy/OPT copy) to be completed by examining doctor (including license number).
All training must be administered through an OPT-certified training location
- 1) NYSED-mandated training (2 certifications)
- 2) Spring/fall Refresher (original certificate only)
- 3) Physical Performance Test (dated within 60 days)
- 4) Pre-service Training
- 5) American Red Cross Training
- 6) Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)